Encourage your child to develop effective study habits early on.
These habits lay the foundation for academic success and lifelong learning skills:
- Consistent Routine: Help your child establish a consistent daily routine that includes dedicated study time. Consistency helps reinforce learning and creates a sense of discipline.
- Designated Study Space: Create a quiet and organised study area where your child can focus without distractions. This space should be well-lit and equipped with necessary study materials.
- Time Management: Teach your child to manage their time effectively by using tools like calendars and planners. Break down tasks into manageable chunks and set realistic goals.
- Active Learning: Encourage active learning strategies such as summarising material in their own words, creating flashcards, or teaching concepts to someone else. Active engagement enhances understanding and retention.
- Healthy Breaks: Remind your child to take regular breaks during study sessions to prevent burnout. Physical activity, snacks, and short breaks can help them recharge.