The checklist has 23 questions.
The list will enable you to consider if your child may need a professional assessment or help.
For each question please indicate how often the behaviour is exhibited in your child’s / student’s / client’s daily life.
If you answer ‘sometimes’ or ‘frequently’ to many of the questions, the individual may be referred for formal testing.
Some behaviours exhibited by children with APD include:-
- Misunderstands what is said
- Requests that information or instructions be repeated
- Experiences difficulty with comprehension
- Experiences difficulty understanding in noisy environments
- Appears confused by multiple, lengthy, or quickly presented verbal instruction
- Experiences difficulty paying attention in the classroom
- Provides slow or delayed responses
- Takes a long time to complete classroom work and/or homework