Date: Thursday 23 September 2021
- 0-5 years is the most important period for brain development.
- Focus on develping the child’s learning biology/ pre-academic skills, alongside academics.
- Fit brains learn faster. You can learn the same amount or more with less time.
- The brain is like a muscle, so train each pre-academic skill in a structured way like muscles
- Beware of “memorization”. We want intelligence, not rote memorization.
- At BrainFit® Kindie, students receive about 2- 2.5 hours per week of instruction for each language.
- By N2 – students are able to read Chinese text.
- By K1- students are able to read both English and Chinese texts.
- We achieve similar (or better) results as children who devote almost double the time to language learning.
- Immersive Chinese curriculum for a bilingual brain
- Personalised coginitive training up to 4 days/week
- SMART Moves physical training up to 4 days/week
- Formal music training
- Emotional coaching
- Close tracking of cognitive development
Ms Cheryl Chia
With more than 20 years’ experience in brain fitness training, Cheryl is an accomplished physiotherapist, who is also the founder of BrainFit, an entity that specialises in scientific brain fitness training. Cheryl holds a Master Degree in Physiotherapy Studies from the University of Queensland, Australia. She was awarded a full scholarship from KK Hospital and was also the overall coordinator for paediatric neurology physiotherapy there. She has lectured in Nanyang Polytechnic and is a much sought-after speaker, including at events organised by MediaCorp-SMART Parents, the Child Guidance Clinic and schools. She is a frequent invited guest on Parenting Made Easy Radio 93.8, where she shares her expertise on brain fitness to help parents raise smarter and more resilient children. Cheryl is also an author and a mother to two young girls.