Date: Tuesday 4th November, 2021
1) 4 Important Recent Brain Discoveries
- Babies are born with different patterns of brain abilities
- There are 5 core “brain pillars” – visual, auditory, motor, focus, emotions, with many subskills
- Behaviours are symptoms of brain fitness levels
- Our brains can improve through exercise
2) Principles that Guide Effective Brain Training
- Frequency & Duration
- Adaptive “mental weights”
- Specificity of Training
- Transfer Effects
3) BrainFit Scholar – Neuroscience-based brain training programme
- Test: Test using BrainFit® CognitiveMAP, a standardized whole-brain cognitive fitness and mindset assessment.
- Tailor: Tailor a personalised brain workout for your child based on your goals as well as the CognitiveMAP results.
- Train: Train your brain using this trio of techniques together – physical training, emotions coaching and cognitive training, for the fastest results!
- Track: Track visible improvements in your child’s learning and behaviours, some within as short as 4 months (1 term) of training.
Ms Cheryl Chia
With more than 20 years’ experience in brain fitness training, Cheryl is an accomplished physiotherapist, who is also the founder of BrainFit, an entity that specialises in scientific brain fitness training. Cheryl holds a Master Degree in Physiotherapy Studies from the University of Queensland, Australia. She was awarded a full scholarship from KK Hospital and was also the overall coordinator for paediatric neurology physiotherapy there. She has lectured in Nanyang Polytechnic and is a much sought-after speaker, including at events organised by MediaCorp-SMART Parents, the Child Guidance Clinic and schools. She is a frequent invited guest on Parenting Made Easy Radio 93.8, where she shares her expertise on brain fitness to help parents raise smarter and more resilient children. Cheryl is also an author and a mother to two young girls.